- The 2016 Hawaii Health Workforce Summit will be from 8:30-5:30 on Saturday September 10, 2016.
- Free registration for physicians, same day travel from neighbor island physicians provided.
- Career recruiters and financial planning sessions available.
Topics to be covered include:
- Payment changes: MACRA, MIPS and Local Capitation model
- How to maximize happiness in your practice
- Provider Empowerment
- EHR: Data Security and the Community Neighborhood
- Oral Health topics: Medical-Dental Integration, Sustainability, and Inter-Professional Leadership; Oral Health: Where Are We Falling Short?; Virtual Dental Home and Community Dental Health Coordinators
- Geriatrics:Practice Transformation-Innovative Models that Achieve Quality Measures;
- Having the Conversation (and how to get paid for it): POLST Workshop; Managing Successful Transitioning Home
- Rural Health: Telehealth Updates; Project ECHO; Community Health Worker and Community Paramedics; Advocacy training
- Interprofessional education and a Geriatric Simulation Exercise
- How to apply for a job: cover letter, CV writing, interviewing skills
- Financial planning 101; Retirement planning
Faculty Loan Repayment Program
Application cycle is open
The 2016 Faculty Loan Repayment Program application cycle is now open and will close on June 30, 2016 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Read the 2016 Application and Program Guidance (PDF – 374 KB) carefully before you start your 2016 Faculty Loan Repayment Program application.
Participate in the Faculty Loan Repayment Program Technical Assistance Conference Call:
Date/Time: June 9 from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. ET Dial-in: 1-888-982-4610 Passcode: 2741206
About the program
The Faculty Loan Repayment Program provides loan repayment to individuals who have an interest in pursuing a career as a faculty member in a health professions school. Program applicants must be from a disadvantaged background, have an eligible health professions degree or certificate, and have an employment commitment as a faculty member at an approved health professions institution for a minimum of two-years.
Program participants receive funds (up to $40,000 for two-years of service) to repay the outstanding principal and interest of qualifying educational loans. The qualifying educational loans must be obtained prior to the application deadline of June 30, 2016.
To obtain funding preference an applicant must:
- Be employed full-time or part-time at an eligible health professions school
- Submit a written agreement that the school will match the award payment from the Faculty Loan Repayment Program
Learn More Application and Program Guidance (PDF – 374 KB)
Faculty Loan Repayment Fact Sheet (PDF – 240 KB)
Weekdays (except Federal holidays), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET