|For medical (MD and DO) or dental (DDS or DMD) students|
Due June 9, 2017
$1000 per student
- Applicants must be nominated by a regular NAMME member in good fiscal standing.
- Professional students must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0, if the curriculum is graded. If the curriculum is Pass/Fail, the student must be passing all course work. Undergraduate or graduate allied health students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
MAIL APPLICATIONS TO NAMME EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
National Association of Medical Minority Educators, Inc. (NAMME)
Denita Braswell, MHA, BS
1500 Sunday Drive, Suite 102
Raleigh, NC 27607
- Featured speakers:
- Dr. Dike Drummond, The Happy MD on Building Career and Personal Satisfaction
- Carl Taylor, How To Survive In A Hostile Environment
- Madam Liu Ya Fei, Qi Gong master, Hebei Medical Qi Gong Hospital, Qi Gong and Tai Chi for Burnout Prevention
- 500 participants expected (one of the largest local medical gatherings) from all areas of medicine in Hawai‘i, including: MD’s, DO’s, Dentists, Allied Health, APRNs, PAs, Office Managers and more!.
- Same day inter-island airfare is provided free for physicians and Hawaii State Rural Health Association members who have requested travel in advance.
- Topics cover medical and dental topics, practice resources for expanding reimbursement, telehealth, geriatrics, interprofessional practice and healthcare provider happiness. Participants are encouraged to network with colleagues and meet potential future colleagues-students and residents.
- Saturday 09/09/2017 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Breakfast/Lunch/Snacks and parking provided.
- Registration and travel requests close 08/15/2017.
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Coral Ballrooms (tentatively)
Representative Andria Tupola (H District 43 Ewa Villages, Kalaeloa, Honokai Hale, Nanakai Gardens, Ko Olina, Kahe Point, Nanakuli, Lualualei, Maili) discusses HB916 HD1 SD1 a bill relating to Health Care Professionals Loan Repayment. Her guest is Kelley Withy, MD, PhD, Professor at the University of Hawai`i in the Department of Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
HB916 HD1 SD1 makes an appropriation for the Hawaii rural health care provider loan repayment program administered through the John A. Burns School of medicine. Effective 7/1/2090. (SD1)
The COMMITTEE ON WAYS AND MEANS (WAM) will hold a public decision-making on Tuesday, 04-04-17 9:35AM in conference room 211.
Representative Andria Tupola and Kelley withy, MD, PHD