Under direction of Registered Nurse and medical orders of the Practitioner, provides direct and indirect nursing care in outpatient setting.
• Reviews and prepares medical records for assigned patients; initiates follow-up for medical record as requested; reviews patients’ needs; identifies and prepares orders for needs of patient for authorization by practitioner and may accept verbal orders per policy; observes, collects, and documents new information on patient; informs RN or practitioners regarding incomplete data, new observation or abnormal/unusual data.
• Implements basic nursing procedures per plan of care; administers treatments and medications as prescribed practitioner; performs point of care testing as authorized; provides laboratory, x-ray and other reports to practitioner for review; notifies patients of normal results as directed by practitioner; considers special needs of different age groups when providing care; sets priorities of care based on acuity of patients.
• Documents implementation of orders/interventions; records findings, instructions, and patient responses on appropriate forms or on-line records using department and/or JCAHO standards.
• Observes patient’s/family’s responses to plan of care; reports unexpected responses to RN or practitioners; collaborates with RN to revise care plan when needed.
• Demonstrates and applies competency in basic nursing skills and use of equipment; maintains current knowledge and skills needed to perform position; attends and participates in staff meetings as needed; participates in projects as requested.
• Performs efficiently in emergency patient care/clinic situation; follows established procedures; informs appropriate persons.
• Assigns basic nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel as appropriate and according to department/unit standards; provides clear directions; acts as resource person to unlicensed staff; follows-up on assigned care to ensure it is given per standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
• Follows discharge plan developed by Physician or RN; processes and/or follows-up with referrals as directed by practitioners; provides instruction and pre-printed information to patients as directed by RN and/or Practitioners, observes and documents patient/family response to instructions and reports any concerns.
• Provides educational materials to patients and reviews printed instructions with patients; collaborates with RN to revise teaching plan when needed.
• Participates in orientation of new personnel.
• Demonstrates sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in area of specialization.
• Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care and/or service appropriate to age groups served.
• Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
• Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
• Hawaii State Board of Nursing approved curriculum for LPN licensure.
License, Certification, Registration
• Valid Hawaii LPN License (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
• Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in conflict resolution, customer service, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork, and written communication.
• Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
• Reading, writing, speaking and understanding English.
• Training/giving and receiving instructions.
• Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g., organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
• Previous nursing experience.
• Previous clinic experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing and spreadsheet PC applications.
: Hawaii-Wailuku-Lani Medical Offices 55 Lani Pkwy. Scheduled Hours (1-40): 32 Shift: Variable Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: Varies Working Hours End: Varies
: Regular Employee Group: HERE-Local 5
: Individual Contributor
: LVN / LPN Public Department Name: After Hours Clinic