Free college scholarship for UH Manoa (incoming Freshman in the Fall) to earn a degree in Nutrition for those from Native Hawaiian backgrounds!
Click here for more details: http://www.chl-pacific.org/chl-dietetics-scholars-program/chld-scholarship-program-expectations
Are you a student working in the area of opioids/SUD?
· Priority Funding: Applicants employed at an NHSC-approved site that is also participating in the Rural Community Opioid Response Program (RCORP), an initiative of the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy, will be given priority.
· Expanded Disciplines: Nurse anesthetists, pharmacists, registered nurses, and SUD counselors are eligible.
· Flexibility: Applicants can apply under either the mental health or primary care Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) score of their site – whichever is higher.
· Support for all treatment team members: Providers offering general SUD services to medication assisted treatment are eligible to apply.
Click here for more details: https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loan-repayment/nhsc-rural-community-loan-repayment-program?utm_campaign=Loan+Repayment+for+Providers+in+Rural+Communities&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery&fbclid=IwAR0BkUpBJKTglTXKt73clqLxrybme6qJ6O8g2Y0nEx_EAqLDnrNOXVzHUnM
Deadline is July 18th
Topic: Pain Killer’s Kill
Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,289740229# US (San Jose)
+16468769923,,289740229# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 289 740 229
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acmZb7mzKo
The University of Hawaii announced that free tuition is available to 26 residents entering Kapiolani Community College’s medical assisting program through a new partnership with The Queen’s Health Systems.
The 12-month program, which starts Aug. 26, will offer recipients the opportunity to gain valuable work experience at Queen’s Medical Center while taking classes and earning college credits at KCC. Students will be working 16 hours per week at Queen’s in a modified physician practice assistant role.
The deadline to apply is June 10
• HPGS Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships
• (3) $2,000.00 Awards
• Deadline to Apply: Monday, July 13, 2019
• Please send application by email to Dr. Christy Nishita at email@example.com.
• UH Center on Aging & HPGS Scholarship in Aging
• (2) $1,000.00 awards
• Deadline to Apply: Monday, July 8, 2019
• Please send application by email to Dejah Faasoa at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://www.hpgs.org/scholarships.html
The 2019 NHSC New Site Application cycle is now open. Interested health care organizations are encouraged to read the Site Reference Guide to learn more about the program requirements. The application cycle will close on May 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
NHSC-approved sites are health care facilities that provide outpatient, ambulatory and primary health care services to populations residing in high-need urban and rural areas. Critical Access Hospitals and some Indian Health Service Hospitals are the only eligible inpatient facilities and must be affiliated with an NHSC-approved outpatient clinic.
Last year, the NHSC received funding to help combat the nation’s opioid crisis and expanded its site types to include outpatient substance use disorder treatment facilities. Now sites providing general substance use disorder treatment, a medication assisted treatment program, or an Opioid Treatment Program are also eligible to apply.
Apply now to the Nurse Corps Scholarship Program!
Review the following Nurse Corps Scholarship Program requirements to find out.
-a U.S. citizen (born or naturalized), a national, or a lawful permanent resident;
-enrolled—or accepted for enrollment—in a professional nursing degree program at an accredited school of nursing in the U.S.;
-beginning classes no later than September 30;
-free from any federal judgment liens;
-free from an existing service commitment;
-not overdue on a federal debt.
We give funding preference depending on your financial need.
The deadline to apply is May 21
Click here for more info: https://bhw.hrsa.gov/loansscholarships/nursecorps/scholarship
BRAIN FAIR coming soon! Mark your calendar’s for March 9th & March 16th!